Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crooked C-More

DyNo!

I sent my Grey Serendipity back for a re-body and conversion and I received a Black Slide Ride Back from C-More. (A different scope I assume they had sitting around)

Their customer service reps were very helpful.

The only potential problem is, the slide ride was an obvious Serendipity conversion and does not sit flat at all in the rear.

I tightened both screws snug and tightened each one a 1/4 turn with blue lock-tite.

This is what it looks like:

dsc00981u.jpg

It has not been zeroed since I'll be doing that for the first time tomorrow. My two concerns are:

1. Cracking due to an imbalanced load of stress on one side of the c-more.

2. Inability to get proper zero because I run out of elevation adjustment.

Since I've never had a slide ride - I guess this could be normal.

I won't know until I shoot it but I'm wondering if I should simply send it back to C-more for another one.

Thanks!

Edited by DyNo!

What the other two said. I have/had one that kinda wanted to do that. The screw was threaded into the plastic pretty good. I took the site off and basically stripped the threads out of the plastic. It went right back on flush without problems.

Before you start cranking down on the screws or drilling out the mounting holes take the sight off the mount and with the mounting screws out and on the bench see if the C-More will sit flat on the mount. If yes then try opening up the screw holes and snugging down the screws. If it doesn't fit flat I would dial up C-More and tell them the sight is coming back and you want a new unmodified SlideRide body back. If you asked for the rebody to be a SlideRide I would send it back anyway and let them pay for the shipping both ways. Not trying to be an asshat...just firmly believe in getting what I asked and paid for. That said I have sent back one of my C-Mores for a cracked lens replacement and their service was excellent.

CYa,

Pat

It was an easy fix - the rear screw hole was getting threaded. I just screwed the screw into the c-more from the opposite direction and bored the hole out a little with the screw.

Sits flat, snug, and the loctite is drying as I type this.

That's why I have a membership here!

Thanks folks...

Edited by DyNo!