Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC wants to limit SG rules

When was the last time a competative shooter committed murdered? Can someone answer this. I've never heard of a single incident. But, please correct me if I am wrong.

Jay

I guess you never viewed this.

Flyin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time a competative shooter committed murdered? Can someone answer this. I've never heard of a single incident. But, please correct me if I am wrong.

Jay

Flyin

Yeah. Funny how the "correct" aren't having a cow over that too.

Jay

Flyin

Yeah. Funny how the "correct" aren't having a cow over that too.

And it wasn't a US made film :surprise:

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

The proposed rules are really sad and pathetic.

What seems worse is the attitude of the voting members which Alex summed up rather well.

Looks destined to pass in Greece. While I have defended some of IPSC's rules (such as those rules which are required for IPSC to exist in countries like Italy), the current proposal seems to be 100% driven by IPSC's OWN unfathomable quest to further water down the sport, seem more "PC", brown-nose ISSF - or whatever else could possibly be their twisted motivation.

If it passes, it will be a sad day for IPSC. Hope you are listening, old friends (Neil & Vince) & reconsider before it is too late.

EDIT: just wanted to add: Linda Chico & others are volunteers.

Protest these proposed rules as you see fit; but please first consider the hard work of

folks like Linda before deciding that a boycott is the best way to protest.

Thanks Linda!

I can sum it up also:

1. No arm band carriers allowed

2. No side saddles on shotgun attached

3. Only 1 belt at waist level allowed.

4. Max 2 rounds (high ie. length) above another on the belt. (Only stripper clips and normal SG belt allowed)

5. Box fed open shotgun max 5 rounds on the magazine on open division

6. No revolving tube systems allowed on open division (like Xrail system)

7. Tube fed open shotgun limit to 11 rounds on start signal

8. Tube fed speed loader limited to 6 rounds max.

9. No chest rig allowed

10. No bandoliers allowed

11. Deleting modified division on SG

These issues are going to be voted on GA 2011 Greece

Edited by Carlos

Can you say AirSoft IPSC?

Sometime back it is rumored to have been said by the President of IPSC, that he would take Gunpowder out of IPSC if he could. THis of course was vehemently denied by others in IPSC.

So now we have IPSC AirSoft, Voting member regions where members cannot own firearms or hold matches. We are looking at IPSC SG becoming watered down. Heck, with the new rules in Standard, you could nearly be competitive with a coach gun! Load two, shoot two.

Regions may need to have special targets and special rules, no running, no shooting while moving forward, no reloading, no cartridges that are military or police issue and so on. OK, I get that. but that should be a regional exception, not a world wide ruling.

Jim