Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I think the problem with slinging the rifle is you will see most people go with what they can do the fastest. Do you want the gun running with a slung rifle with shot shell strippers, extra mags for the pistol etc to bump the trigger of hit the safety. How many people have extended safeties and very light pulls on their rifles?

I think the problem with slinging the rifle is you will see most people go with what they can do the fastest. Do you want the gun running with a slung rifle with shot shell strippers, extra mags for the pistol etc to bump the trigger of hit the safety. How many people have extended safeties and very light pulls on their rifles?

I don't have a problem with letting a shooter start with a hot pre-slung rifle or shotgun as long as it is "at the start of the stage" and the rifle or shotgun "is held" at port arms or low ready. Some shooters integrate the sling into their grip and this allowance is merely a convenience to those shooters.

I'll have to agree with those that feel it's not safe to have the rifle dangling from the sling if it allows the muzzle to point in an unsafe direction. There's either an AD or DQ just waiting to happen. Safety first, fun second...