Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Price Check

atlscrog

All,

I've been thinking about getting into Open for a while. I recently came across a blue'd Limcat with one big-stick for $3,000 and was wondering if this would be considered a reasonable deal.

Thanks,

Scott

Do a search and select the classifieds forums. It will show the Limcats price and some pics of guns that have been sold. It will give you an idea where to start on price. I already did the search and found several guns.

Flyin

Dont know about the 'rest' ofthe world, but here in not so gun friendly Cali, I heard of someone paying 5k for one of Johnny's 9mm major guns, depending on what it is(otherthan the brief discription we already have) 3k is not an unheard of price out here....a couple of yrs ago it would have been a lil steep, now??? fueled by the current pricing??? whatthe market will bear, for me??? 3k and 1 mag???? nope....ok...maybe, but its got to be minimal rds thru it, like maybe jst test fired...

There is a nice looking Limcat open gun on gunbroker right now with a buy now price of $2500 . opening bid is a little lower. I think it is a Phantera model in 38 super. It's been on there for several weeks now.

Thanks for the responses.

I ended up with an SVI.

It may have been the same one you were looking at JRBean :)

Yeah that was a killer deal with all the mags. The gun itself wasn't exactly an idea setup for me though but I have a weakness for SV built guns. It was also cool to see what looked like an original SV built gun that old that hadn't been hacked up any. It's probably much better off with you instead of collecting dust in my safe till I decide to go back to open.

• 3 weeks later...

Its not a smoking hot deal, but not bad. I recently saw a very low round count LimCat open gun go for $2300 on GunBroker. I would have snagged it myself except it had an Hybrid Barrel and I don't like them holes. Beautiful gun.

A good deal goes to those that have the patience to wait and the smarts to know when its good.