Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pmc " Green " Primers

TBF

Just got confirmation from Allen Martel of PMC that " Green " primers have been shipped.

Contact your dealer for info.

Finally some primers that can be used for plastic/wax bullets indoors at home , without calling in the hazmat team for cleanup.

Travis F.

If they are toxic , PMC's ad copy is grossly misleading.

Like that " less toxic " antifreeze, yeah it's slightly less toxic than regular, but still very bad stuff to ingest.

According to PMC ad copy : The active chemical is potassium, NO heavy metals. They will fertilize your outdoor range.

Imagine the benefits of being to do a draw and fire drill , say ten times a day, every day, rain or shine, and knowing EXACTLY where the hit is. ( well , maybe plus or minus a little, but better than dry fire. )

I'll check into this more, and post what I find.

Probably the sensible thing to do before I start breathing the smoke...

Travis F.

I was informed by Allen Martel that these are NON toxic, no more toxic than fertilizer. He also advised that I not eat them due to tooth damage from the brass.

Basement target practice is a reality.

What timer will pick up primer fired bullets ?

Travis F.

They will be available in all standard sizes and flavors, and 209 shotgun, and I recall vaguely, a mention of Berdan primers too. ( Who the hell reloads Berdan brass ??? )

I have had no luck either, PMC says they shipped, but nobody says they have recieved them, I had my local dealer call their suppliers, they tried 7 warehouses, all over the country. No luck.

If they were shipped and not recieved, they must be lost or stolen. Or somebody is mistaken...

Still looking.

Travis F.

PS. PMC website has info, Go to forum, look for PMC " Green "