Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

uspsa paper targets

I have been searching for several days on these forums and can' seem to find any rules for the USPSA paper targets, as far as: how much can be covered w/no shoot, how much has to be exposed, also does there need to be a visible divider between targets when shared on a stand? if I am in the wrong sub forum, please point me in the right direction, thanks

Jason

Most rules can be found in the rule book. :) (Every member gets a book mailed to them, but the online version is nice because it has a search feature.)

Most rule questions go best in the rules forum.

This one is fine here, though. It might turn into a "best practices" thread on target presentation. (which is probably what you are ultimately after?)

EXACTLY, what I am after- BTW have the newest copy on my coffee table at home :)

I would be interested in some actual photos of some nicely made up targets, for our indoor range I saw a few nice ones that had a no shoot and 4 targets on one stand, I might use next week, but always looking for more ideas

thanks

Jason

The TFH that covered lining up perfs and whether or not the portion of the scoring target covered existed or not and was the edge of that covered portion a scorable hit or not has caused me to rethink target alignments. Except on a classifier, since they are prescribed set-ups we no longer align on the perf. We now deliberately misaligne by more than 1/2 inch so that there is never a question. Your bullet hole is entierly in or entirely out of a particular scoring or penalty area. No discussion required about perfs and tangents and covered areas.

As for setting up multiple targets on one stand; make up several complete matching sets that can be changed out in their entirety as opposed to trying to insert a target into an array. An ideal tool for this is a bag stapler. You can also use a hot-melt glue gun.

Jim