Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firebird M4-LE vs LMT CQB vs STI Sporting Tactical

kar45

Since I have one of each, and sell two of the three, I have to say Firebird and STI because the features for the price make sense, they both support the sport, and you can talk to the guy who built either one every day.

Fomeister, do I need to order the SOPMOD complete kit or just the buttstock to go on the Firebird...thx, Kirby

Kirby,

I will check on Monday to see if the tube is milspec, if so then you just need the stock. If Jim is still lurking around here, maybe he can tell us if it is milspec or commercial.

Since I have one of each, and sell two of the three, I have to say Firebird and STI because the features for the price make sense, they both support the sport, and you can talk to the guy who built either one every day.

Fomeister, do I need to order the SOPMOD complete kit or just the buttstock to go on the Firebird...thx, Kirby

Kirby,

I will check on Monday to see if the tube is milspec, if so then you just need the stock. If Jim is still lurking around here, maybe he can tell us if it is milspec or commercial.

I'll call you Mon am...thx, Kirb

I got a JP and Noveske ARs so I can't really comment. I really like being able to call the company/person and get excellent service (although with great products it's not often necessary-usually just questions about various options and opinions). It sounds like Firebird and STI would be better option in this regard.

BTW, fomeister, I've ordered a bunch of stuff from shooter's connection since I got into 3 gun last year and I've been very happy with your service. Thanks!

I got a JP and Noveske ARs so I can't really comment. I really like being able to call the company/person and get excellent service (although with great products it's not often necessary-usually just questions about various options and opinions). It sounds like Firebird and STI would be better option in this regard.

BTW, fomeister, I've ordered a bunch of stuff from shooter's connection since I got into 3 gun last year and I've been very happy with your service. Thanks!

THANKS for the kind words DMAC.

UPDATE, the Firebird M4-LE has a commercial tube. I tried a mil-spec CTR on it this morning, and no go. So Kirby, you will either need a commercial stock, or the whole kit.

Fomeister, thanks, I'm trying to get up with DMAC to look at his JP & Noveske. A decision on this is imminent though.

UPDATE, the Firebird M4-LE has a commercial tube. I tried a mil-spec CTR on it this morning, and no go. So Kirby, you will either need a commercial stock, or the whole kit.

Fomeister, thanks, I'm trying to get up with DMAC to look at his JP & Noveske. A decision on this is imminent though.

DMAC, thanks for showing me the Good stuff...what a trigger on that JP, a beautiful example of the gunmaker's art.I decided on the STI.

will be used primarily for carbine school and matches, mostly close in stuff. I will add the SOPMOD stock to the Firebird or STI, so the price will work out pretty close for all of them. Trijicon TR-24 will ride on top. Some of you AR wizards please chime in with your preference. Which one should a man buy? Thanks, Kirby

Thanks to everyone that took time to share their ideas on this. With Fomeister's guidance on some things I picked the STI. At this point in my AR journey it seems to make the most sense. That Fomeister is one helpful cuss... :cheers: Mike, thanks...Kirby

Thanks to everyone that took time to share their ideas on this. With Fomeister's guidance on some things I picked the STI. At this point in my AR journey it seems to make the most sense. That Fomeister is one helpful cuss... :cheers: Mike, thanks...Kirby

Let us know every little thing about the STI when you get it.

Enquiring minds want to know.

DMAC, thanks for showing me the Good stuff...what a trigger on that JP, a beautiful example of the gunmaker's art.I decided on the STI.

Kirby,

It was great to meet you. Once you get your STI we'll have to shoot some matches together. Like I said, you are welcome you use any of my equipment as long as you like. Don't rush out and get anything until you've had a chance to try things out and see what you like. This has turned out to be my favorite of all the shooting sports.