Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Paper And Poppers

ErikW

At the match today, Steve, ace Limited 10 shooter turned Limited, starts stage 5's first array shooting the IPSC targets first and the two Pepper Poppers last.

T1   T2

PP2

PP1

As I watch him transition from T1 to T2, I say to myself, I gotta have a talk with him about how slow Pepper Poppers fall and tell him how he should have shot it PP1, T1, T2, PP2. He transitions off T2 and we're all expecting him to now realize the error of his way as he waits an eternity for the front popper to fall so he can engage the rear popper. But nooooooooo! He somehow shoots the back popper first and the whole squad roars as he nails the front popper and speeds away from the box like he planned it that way.

We reset the poppers and stood back at the box 25 yards away for another look. There was maybe 3/4 of an inch of the rear popper visible behind the front popper. We could shoot a million rounds at it and never do that again.

• 1 month later...

I saw a similar thing at last week's match. There were three 8" plates set one in front of the other, but the berm sloped slightly so the rear plates had maybe an inch exposed. We didn't even notice it until a guy hit the rear plate first (also with an iron-sighted gun).