Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Decapping pin

I'm using RCBS rifle dies. I've broken two decapping pins. Just checking to see if anyone using Dillon dies have ever had this happen?

Deleted It did not answer what you were asking. :blush: later rdd

Edited by Bubber

I have broken every brand of decapping pin made Dillon, Horandy, Rcbs, and Lee. If brute force isn't working you are just not using enough. Lee has the toughest decapping pin and I broke it after about 5,000 rounds or so. I'm using RCBS now its a better die. I'm using a Lee Universal decapping die so I don't break the sizer expander these days, an extra step but those Berdan primed rounds still sneak in from time to time, just don't try to punch thru. I wish everyone would just buy good ammo so I could pick up good brass.

"I wish everyone would just buy good ammo so I could pick up good brass." I hear ya. Does the Dillon screw in like the RCBS?

Yes, but it wasn't the Carbide set and it was old when I bought it. The good thing is you can replace it instead of the whole stem expander, just like the RCBS. The stem for the Lee cost $22.00 and the whole set is only $26.00 go figure.