Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FN SLP with Nordic Comp Bolt Handle

usp45ss

Just got my carrier back from C-rums for my FN SLP (very nice work by the way). I ordered a Nordic Components bolt handle while the trigger group was away. Today, I put the gun back together and pop the NC handle in. It pops into place, but there isn't much tension on the handle. It will come out with an easy pull. I really doubt it will stay in after a few shots.

I put a Briley handle on my 18" SLP about a year ago. It fit about like this one. On the 4th or 5th shot, it flew off, and I never found it again. Needless to say, I don't want this to happen again. Any thoughts?

I've got a Nordic in my SLP. I was a little worried about the "loose" fit a first too. Mine seems to have about 1/16" wiggle and pulls out with easy to moderate pull. Of course each person opinion of moderate is subjective. Anyhow I took the original charge handle to my first match and stuck it in my pocket. The second match took it with, but carried it to each stage in the case. Now it rides slong in the spare parts/tool kit. Of course I'm sure you will be taking your new scatter gun out and shoting at least 100 rounds through it before shooting a match. So you will know before you get there if it will hold or not. Good luck man.

• 3 weeks later...