Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need information on Belgium made Browning over unders

JohnAdam

I went trap shooting with the old man today, and we met a guy that is selling some of his late father's guns, who lived in Puerto Rico. He had two Browning over unders that he said were made in Belgium. They are Citori Lightning Broadways (as he called them), 30 inch barrels. One was blued and one was nickel. I know enough about these guns to know they are worth quite a bit. He wants $2500 for the pair. Both have been used in competitions, but seemed solid. The guy said that the nickel one had recently been fitted, and that makes sense since its action was much tighter than the blued one. The nickel one had minor black corrosion type stuff on the nickel portion, nothing major. The blued one was much looser, loose to the point that there is a very small wobble when the action is open. I saw the blued one in action by this guy, and it is obviously very functional. The blueing is near perfect. We shot them both, and they certainly function. My dad is interested in buying these because he and I are trying to get back into shooting clays.

more: eco dream, chung cư mỹ đình plaza

I tried to find some info on these on the web, but am coming up somewhat short. Can anyone offer more information? Is this too good of a deal to pass up?

The guy also said that Browning will refinish these for free since they were made in Belgium. Wondered if anyone else had heard anything about this.

more: eco dream nguyễn xiển

Thanks.

16 hours ago, JohnAdam said:

The nickel one had minor black corrosion type stuff on the nickel portion, nothing major. The blued one was much looser, loose to the point that there is a very small wobble when the action is open. Is this too good of a deal to pass up?

The guy also said that Browning will refinish these for free since they were made in Belgium.

Thanks.

1. I have owned Brownings for years and have never heard of the factory refinishing them for free.

2. Buying a shotgun that has a small wobble when the action is open is a bad idea.

3. Black corrosion on nickel is not minor.

$2500 for the pair is.....well ......, do some more shopping. There are lots of good guns for sale out there, check gunbroker.com or gunsinternational.com, Galazon, or Barnet.