Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Outfit an A400 Xplor Unico for 3gun

Hawk21

Shot my first match a few weeks ago with a PCC and had a heck of a time but thought it wouldn't take much to shoot heavy optics with all three elements next month.  I have an ASA side charging AR-10 and .45 pistol so what I need to work on setup wise is the shotgun.  

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to rig out a Beretta A400 Xplor Unico w/ kick off for 3 gun?  I know mag tube will need to be 8 total rounds.

Thanks 

We've done some of the usual 3 Gun modifications (open the loading port, etc) on a A400, but for starting out I'd recommend just adding a +4 tube and shooting the gun as is. Its better to be shooting now than thinking about shooting in the future. You'll soon decide if you want to alter your gun or not.

Based on what I see from other mg tube manufacturer the A400 Extreme and A400 Xplor are NOT the same (and the A400 guns we've worked with were the Extreme model)

Let's take a look at the muzzle end of your gun's magazine tube with the barrel and forearm removed. Is the end of magazine tube threaded on the outside of the tube, or is it closed off with a only a smaller threaded stud for the magazine cap to screw on to?

• 1 month later...