Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended spare parts for XDM5.25

Dad

What would you recommend as a spare parts kit for an XDM525.

Son shoots in Production as well as 3gun. He has not had any issue except the rear sight broke at a USPSA match.

The gun has know mods.

Thanks

In stock configuration the only item that would be useful to keep on hand is a spare striker retention pin.  With trigger modifications it would be wise to keep a spare set of reduced power springs on hand as well as the factory springs in case you run into light strikes.  And if you are running 140mm mags in 3gun & performing slide lock reloads, a spare or beefed up ejector would be a useful upgrade.  The search function on the forum is useful, and with a little time you can find the majority of the information you are looking for.

My son ran a 5.25 9mm in 3Gun, Limited, Production, etc.  Almost 50k rounds in 4 years.  He was running extended magazines, and a Springer trigger kit (first season he ran it stock).  The only part that ever broke, several times, was the pin holding the rear sight in.  Finally ordered a roll pin from Springer and did not have a problem after that.  I regularly replaced the recoil springs, and at the end of each season would replace all the fire control springs, and every magazine spring.  I did replace the striker retainer one time; preventive measure.

Spare parts for the road (matches) that can break or easily become lost:

Striker Spring

Striker Dampening (rebound) spring

Striker Spring Guide

Striker Status Indicator

Striker Retainer Pin

Spare fiber optic if applicable

Fingernail clippers for the fiber optic and lighter

A few punches and a small light weight hammer

Spare parts to have in general and/or for the road if you don't have a backup-gun:

Extractor

Ejector

Striker

Recoil springs

Loaded indicator

Loaded indicator pin

Loaded indicator spring

Trigger

Associated trigger springs

Miscellaneous retaining pins

There might be something I'm forgetting, but that should pretty well cover it.  Most of these I don't take with me, if I have a backup gun. 

• 5 months later...