Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame Fest.

IPSCDRL

You think that that stopping too fast one is good, here's a better one:

I'm in Birmingham, Alabama driving a van to this big rally in Atlanta. I pull over on the side of the road after making a left turn out of a motel parking lot, get out of the van, reach back in to put on the hazards, and am hit by a frickin' semi that was stopped at a light a few seconds earlier and a couple hundred feet away. The van flies about 60 feet and is up on the sidewalk/embankment about 15 feet laterally away from where it originally was and I flew about 25-30 feet. I heard no brakes squealing or anything... one lady that stopped thought I was dead the way I flew. I think I avoided injury because I didn't know it was coming and I was just a ragdoll... a big ragdoll, but a ragdoll nonetheless.

So, anyway, I'm being checked out, have a little bit of road rash and all that and the guy isn't that far away telling the police what happened. What do you think he said?

"He stopped so suddenly...."

They breathalyzed him, but he wasn't drunk... just friggin' stupid. Get this, though: his load was alcohol for liquor stores.

Yeah, I'm the Flash... stop a several ton van on the side of the road and get out in the blink of an eye. No offense to any Alabama-inhabitants, but I hate your state and the stupid people that drive in it.