Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 37 GAP?

Frankl03

Been shooting a G37 for a couple months or so; (why??? I don't know... :blink: it was in the safe...)

Mags are hard to put rounds into, and load into the gun, at first. use the mag loader that came with it (or an UpLula) and push the last round down to compress the spring and releive the pressure, makes mag insertions easier. once the springs take a set full mag reloads on the clock are easier. A full mag will not drop free from the magwell, but it will with one round shot out (9 total in the mag).

Brass is getting more available, keep an eye out for it.

Fed SPPs work just fine.

there is quite a difference between 45 ACP and 45 GAP, so dies for reloading are also different. I wouldn't use ACP dies with GAP brass. Lee lists a 4 die set for about $50 with a carbide size die.

Makes major easily. be careful with powder, a small amount makes big changes in velocity. You can still double charge a case with most powders.

upside is you don't have to worry about crimped primer pockets, and you don't have to buy LPPs, or change your reloader back and forth between large and small primers.

When shooting a match I get ALL of my brass back, guys on my squad make sure it doesn't mix in with their ACP... :roflol:

Put some Dawson sights on, played with the trigger a bit but it needs some more tweeking, and I probably will use a lighter recoil spring down the road. seems to run well so far, so I see no downside to it yet that is specific to the ammo it uses (but it is a Glock...). under $400 for an entry level gun ain't bad...

jj

• 1 year later...

Great post. i also picked up the g37 from buds. For me though, it is my second 45gap gun. the other being an Xd.

as far as reloading... the dies, from LEE, are exactly the same as 45 ACP dies. I have been reloading 45 Gap for quite a while now.

Shooting 230 grain MG CMJ out of the g37 is a joy. Granted, the stock trigger is not a joy. the sights I actually dont mind. the mag loading is a hassle though. will toy with this for Lim 10 though. The +2 mag pads will be a must I believe.loading full mags on an empty slide is not ideal.