Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8 round neutral classifiers and revolvers

phara

I know this has been addressed lightly in the past, but I would like some stronger opinions on the subject.  It seems that in USPSA, Revolver classifiers are based as a percentage of Limited Class for the same Classifier.  My question is:  Does this percentage change for an 8 round neutral classifier?  Since a revolver has to do a reload and a limited gun does not I would hope the classifier percentage reflects that difference.  Or is the percentage fixed meaning the average revolver shooter would be better off totally blowing the classifier in order to avoid damaging his classification percentage?

Thanks,

Paul

(Edited by phara at 4:03 pm on Feb. 11, 2003)

OK group, let me put this in perspective.  After this months classification results are posted I will be very close to being a B revolver shooter.  After one year of trying this is very important to me.  There is a strong possiblity that the next classifier at a club I shoot at will be an 8 round classifier.  If I shoot this will the extra reload a revolver has to do be taken in to account?  Or will my score be based strictly on the 90% of limited rule?

Thanks,

Paul

I wish USPSA would correct this error, and start using the collected Revolver Division classifier hit factors to determine Revolver Division Classifications.

Either:

1) they now have enough shooters having recorded classifier scores to use them as the baseline;

-or-

2) not enough people are shooting in Revolver Division to justify the continuation of the Division.

Either way, using Limited classifier scores to determine a shooter's REvolver Classification is **Wrong**. Just Wrong.