Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matt - V5 "practical Shooting - Winning Idpa..."

Gun Geek

Got my copy of Matt's fifth video: "Practical Shooting - Winning IDPA Techniques", volume 5 of his series.

First let me say

WOW

Excellent review of rules, equipment and basic techniques. But much more. Lots of advice on how to be better, safer, and faster.

A technology trick is used to help you see where time is lost on shooting a stage. Matt's image and another guy's image are shown superimposed. You can see where/why Matt is much faster. It is as much handling the gun as it is speed of shots.

Also includes computer readable COFs. My club will be seing these soon.

Matt - please keep it up, can I pre-order v6?

• 1 month later...

I´m thinking of buying a couple of Matt Burkett's videos however I can´t buy all 5 at once. I shoot IDPA (6 competitions) and even though I am a novice I believe I´ll be a marksman any time soon.

I´m thinking of buying Videos 4 and 5. Is this a reasonable choice or should I first buy 1 to 3?.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

You might want to start with 1-3. I've always thought it best to have a solid foundation in the basics. Even when cramming for tests in school...when I didn't have enough time to study ALL of the material...I always felt comfortable going into the test if I spent my study time on learning the basic core of the material.

Often, I could figure some of the more advanced stuff out by that solid understanding of the basics.

(With 1-3 you get the Brian Enos section...where Brian explains fundamentals. Vital.)

• 2 months later...