Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Beretta

tightloop

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have shot the new xplorer alot recently. Our beretta rep brought out an a400, dt10 & a SV10 for us to try out. Im primaraly a trap shooter. (class a in ATA) and we played around with all the guns on the skeet field and the trap field. When I shot the A400 I was totally surprised that it shot high just like my normal trap gun. So after shooting a 23 on the skeet field I took it down to the trap field and ran 50 strait with it. It recoils ungodly soft with the kickoff and even without the kickoff it was soft and smooth. I shot probably 200 rds threw it and it was everything from 2 3/4 light target loads to 3 1/2 steel loads threw it and it ate everything up.

One of the nicest things about the gun is the new gas piston system on it. Its a whole lot smaller than the xtrema 2. Im thinking that this gun will replace the xtrema 2 in the next year or two. After shooting this gun Im going to pick up a sporting clays version thats suppose to come out in Nov.

You will truly love shooting this gun!

• 3 months later...

They have a couple at the club that I shoot at and a couple of my friends own them so I have shot them a few times. Personally to me the gun feels a little on the light side. I am used to heavy over and under shot guns so it didn't work good for me for sporting clays. I would wait a year until the sporting clays version comes out but really it all depends on how the gun fits you personally. Find a club that has a demo and shoot it. The recoil is good, you never have to clean them, and they can shoot any 12 gauge shell you throw in them.