Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Central Ohio rimfire indoor

“LAST CHANCE” .22 PIN MATCH 2009

WHERE: OSU Range (2121 Tuttle park Place, columbus)

DATE: Tuesday December 29

TIME: Range Opens 5:30PM, Shooting begins at 6:00PM

Can register until 7:00PM to shoot complete program

Entry Fee: $2.00

AWARDS: Class A-B-C and one-on-one shoot off

Not as easy as you think, Great Practice. No holster required, start from low ready.

Lots of fun and for 2 bucks, ya can't get a decent cup of coffee fer that.

Not as easy as you think, Great Practice. No holster required, start from low ready.

What's so hard about it ??!! :devil:

I am going to try to get there.

I'm bringing a Couple boxes of bulk pack federal if you need, welcome to borrow.

I may take you up on that. What would I owe ya for 36 rounds ??

Please pass it along to other Ohio shooters. Chad, Stu, Pat etc. if you know their contact info. I'd like to see a few more revolver shooters

I'm not telling them punks nothing! In fact, I am going to email McDowel and Chet and let them know that they moved the date or something. :goof:

OK...I'll send them an email. Pat has one of those speed loading rimfire wheelies. I doubt he will make the drive though. I think Stu has one too.

What's so hard about it ??!! :devil:

I am going to try to get there.

I'm bringing a Couple boxes of bulk pack federal if you need, welcome to borrow.

I may take you up on that. What would I owe ya for 36 rounds ??

Please pass it along to other Ohio shooters. Chad, Stu, Pat etc. if you know their contact info. I'd like to see a few more revolver shooters

I'm not telling them punks nothing! In fact, I am going to email McDowel and Chet and let them know that they moved the date or something. :goof:

OK...I'll send them an email. Pat has one of those speed loading rimfire wheelies. I doubt he will make the drive though. I think Stu has one too.

36 rds? So you never miss? :ph34r:

I hit! lol

Bill, I still think of you as being in Dayton half the time. Stop in (you can bum a gun, if need be). My first time there, I rolled in from out of town and used Coach Sweeney's gear.

I might have mis-counted. It may be only 5 rounds needed per run. So, 30 rounds. (They do have a shoot-off...which can go...maybe... 5 runs.)

“LAST CHANCE” .22 PIN MATCH 2009

WHERE: OSU Range (2121 Tuttle park Place, columbus)

DATE: Tuesday December 29

TIME: Range Opens 5:30PM, Shooting begins at 6:00PM

Can register until 7:00PM to shoot complete program

Entry Fee: $2.00

AWARDS: Class A-B-C and one-on-one shoot off

Dan

Is this an indoor shoot as the topic indicates ?

Flex,

This is the first I've heard of any indoor pin shoot.

I have an interest in this so I can share the particulars with my club -

so as to possibly run an event like it here in PGH.

If you could supply some info. it would be appreciated.

I understand that it's 22 rimfire.

Is it shot at the standard 21 ft?

Pin Table info. same as outside ?

Safety issues because of indoor range ?

All info as to similarites and differences would be appreciated.

Anyone have video?

The more info I have - the better the chance I have to sell this to the club Board of Directors.

Thanks

I don't have video equipment but I'm sure coach wouldn't mind. The pins are on 2x4 planks. You only have to knock over not off table. A .22 usually stays in the pin so they get heavy after a while. Coach usually has 5 pins in a row then the second set is something different. 2 on top row, 3 on bottom. Or run it with "no-shoot" pins in front of target pins. Just something to mix it up. 3 runs on each stage and the best run counts.

This range is a 50ft range, the pins are positioned about 4 foot in front of the backstop. We shoot from about 30 ft (my guess) No holster, start goes with gun barrel touching the table. Is the shooter ready? Gun on the table, Standby, Beep. Bang bang bang bang, bang, crap, bang, double crap, bang. Oh come on, bang, click slush, (sound of reloading) Bang, Arrrgh give me a break, bang, Is this thing on? Hey Dan can I borrow some more ammo?

Sure Kyle...

:cheers: Thanks for the info Dan. We shoot pins at our club weekly outdoors - May - Nov.

After the holidays I will start a topic of - Indoor Pin Shoot - to get some feedback from the "Forum" when everyone returns.

Do you have any idea as to the number of these indoor events are held across the country ?

Edited by pgh george