Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FNG with pistol question

sfort

While lurking over the last week or so, I ran across a thread that siad the Baretta 90-two is allowed in competition. What is the reasoning for this? I have handled several of them and love the feel of it. For a polymer frame gune, it has a good heft. Being an old jarhead, I like the heavier guns and eventually plan on get a 1911 to build. any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Steve

I think you meant to say something to the effect of "They are NOT allowed in competition...."

There are the following divisions in USPSA:

Open (red dot sights and compensators)

Limited (iron sights, NO red dot sights or compensators allowed, basically no other restrictions)

Limited 10 (see Limited above...but capped to 10 rounds)

Production (your stock or as from the factory, like right of the box guns, again limited to 10 rounds)

Single Stack (1911's taking a single stack column type magazine)

Revolver (that wheelie thing in the center that goes around and around)

Typically, yeah, your Beretta variants are meant for the production division.

There is an approved gun list for the production division here:

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/production_list.php

And for right now, I am not seeing the Dash Two in with the rest of the Beretta's.

Now, that might have changed and there was something amended to it, and the website list hasn't been updated. I don't know for sure. :unsure:

But if you already have a Dash Two, you can shoot that all you want in the Limited or Limited 10 division...or Heck! even in the open division.

Somebody like rvb, slavex or Bucky or Ben Stoeger might be along soon to elaborate on the Dash Two's eligilibity for the Production division. If not one of those guys, then somebody higher up the food chain, like an Area Director might duck in here to answer your question.

• 4 weeks later...

That looks like a DA/SA with a safety, right?

Wonder how it stacks up against the venerable CZ-75B. The CZ's on the approved list for Production division.

Anyone had a chance to compare?

Edited by KennyW

There is no 90-2. It's 92. Which is the M-9 in the Military. I think it is what Ben Stoeger Shoots.

Ahem. The 90two is a polymer version of the 92. And yes, it does exist.

http://www.beretta.com/Pistols-Carbines/De...=791&foto=1

For the original poster, for the pistols to get on the approved list they must meet production requirements and have someone submit them to the USPSA powers that be for approval. I don't know if that's been done for this gun yet but if not then I'm sure it will in the near future after the requirements have been met.

Chris

Edited by Resjudicata

• 2 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=1127558:date=Jan 6 2010, 04:01 AM:name=Vulture)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vulture @ Jan 6 2010, 04:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1127558"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There is no 90-2. It's 92. Which is the M-9 in the Military. I think it is what Ben Stoeger Shoots.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ahem. The 90two is a polymer version of the 92. And yes, it does exist.

<a href="http://www.beretta.com/Pistols-Carbines/Defence/Full/90two-Type-F-G/index.aspx?m=82&f=2&id=791&foto=1" target="_blank">http://www.beretta.com/Pistols-Carbines/De...=791&foto=1</a>

For the original poster, for the pistols to get on the approved list they must meet production requirements and have someone submit them to the USPSA powers that be for approval. I don't know if that's been done for this gun yet but if not then I'm sure it will in the near future after the requirements have been met.

Chris

Hello,

I am in the military and absoluty lothe the m9. Granted I get the pistols that have been around the block a couple of times. I have found that m9s need alot of crossion control. They rust alot. So if your going to use your gun in faul weather you need to clean and lubracte it as soon as you get home. I am personaly a Golck fan. I treat my glocks good but I dont baby them. I take them sooting, holster them all the time, drop them and the finish is still there and I don't have a problem with rust, unlike m9's. Other than that m9's shoot pretty good, have dicent reliabilty, and really accurate. If you buy a Beretta get the polomer frame it will cut down on weight and less metal to rust. My friend has a 75b and loves it even over his Kimber. Remember this is all opinion, just do what you think is right. Good hunting.