Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G19 grip extension

liontribe

i know there are spacers for G17 mags to run in a Glock 19 with no gap in between. does anyone make an extension that fits on the grip frame to make it roughly G17 length? i am tired of pinching blood blisters on my hand doing reloads.

liontribe

No.

If you want to stop pinching blood blisters on your hand with a Glock 19, the solution is called the Glock 17.

Duane's given you the hardware solution.....

Here's the software solution: during the reload, let your strong hand pinky finger float away from the grip --- that may provide the clearance you need....

I got pretty adept at that while shooting a 19 in IDPA, after pinching my hand between mag and frame on more than one occasion.....

i can prevent it most of the time, i almost have to hold the grip with two fingers to avoid the pinch. it seems bad form from game stance and dangerous in a self defense situation. i may try a slip on grip that might be a little barrier between man and machine. worth a try. i guess that is why pistols come in all shapes and sizes. no biggie.

liontribe

i can prevent it most of the time, i almost have to hold the grip with two fingers to avoid the pinch. it seems bad form from game stance and dangerous in a self defense situation. i may try a slip on grip that might be a little barrier between man and machine. worth a try. i guess that is why pistols come in all shapes and sizes. no biggie.

liontribe

I've got pretty good sized paws --- and wondered why I haven't been bitten in years. (And I actually shoot a USPSA match a year with a G-19....)

I think it's the evolution of my grip. When I was starting out, I wasn't nailing the grip --- it often wasn't as high on the backstrap as it could be. Since dialing that in, there's less of my hand available at the bottom.....

I still kick the pinky out on the short guns, but not as much as I used to....

tell me about it. my wife has S&W 3913 that bites the devil out me unless i am very careful. it fits her little hands perfectly. i have shot only full sized guns for most of my life so i am still developing muscle memory for the smaller guns. heck, my main gun right now is a large frame Tanfoglio. talk about big pistol!

liontribe