Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EOTECH VS AIMPOINT

npolley

Not trying to hijack this thread but if magnification is an issue that has some recommending the 1x4 scopes, couldnt a flip to the side magnifier work well with the aimpoints or eotechs? Do many/any run that setup?

I run that set up for work. It does ok. But you have a more limited field of view with most magnifiers vs a good scope. I have toyed with using it in a match to see how I do with it.

ColtwithDescription.jpg

Not trying to hijack this thread but if magnification is an issue that has some recommending the 1x4 scopes, couldnt a flip to the side magnifier work well with the aimpoints or eotechs? Do many/any run that setup?

For 3 gun purposes, that counts as 2 optics and puts you into Open division, where you're shooting against pistols with comps and optic sights, and shotguns with speedloaders and box mags. You can legally use it in Tactical, but you have to keep the magnifier in the same place (either flipped to the side or behind the dot sight) for the entire match.

For 3 gun purposes, that counts as 2 optics and puts you into Open division, where you're shooting against pistols with comps and optic sights, and shotguns with speedloaders and box mags. You can legally use it in Tactical, but you have to keep the magnifier in the same place (either flipped to the side or behind the dot sight) for the entire match.

Actually it no longer does. It has been interpreted that there is only one aiming point. That the magnifier cannot operate on its own as an aiming device. Fine for Tac Optics as long as it stays attached to the rifle for the endurance of the match.

Man I will tell ya, I spent years down in Florida where we couldn't go out past 75-100 yards, but mainly run and gun, in your face and my favorite optic was either a 6 MOA C-More or a 8 MOA OKO.

Very fast and easy to work with, cost effective and if you go open you can mount it on the Handguard for your close dot sight. Gives more options.

Just a thought.

Jack

Edited by Jack T