Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ACE Stock rubber pad

recon215

Anybody else have an issue with installing the rubber butt pad on an ACE skeleton stock? I installed the stock fine, but when I tried to put in that little short screw in the bottom hole of the pad to secure it to the stock, it seems the screw is at least 1/4" too short. Not sure if I need the pad or not, but if I do I want to be able to secure it to the stock.

Thanks,

Steve

One of the screws is a little longer than the rest. That's the one you need. You may need to push the rubber in a little to get it started. Don't tighten it too much or it will pull through the rubber.

Hmmmmmmmmm, the one that is longer is ONLY .002 longer, which I doubt will make all that much difference in it's grabbing threads any better than the .333" screws also in the bag. Guess I will pick up few at Lowes that are 1/2" long but stainless. At least the pad will be on and who is gonna see the screw anyway?

Hmmmm, allen head bolts I can pick up for free from work. Didn't know the size till I just read it on the paperwork and won't be back at work till Sunday night, ahhhhhhh but there is a place here in town I can pick 1 up in the morning.

Did you need to use a washer with it or does yours also have the plastic inserts in the bolt holes ?

Funny, I had the exact same problem... Ended up going to the hardware store and buying an allen head bolt that did the trick.

My shooting partner ended up not putting the pad on at all :surprise:

Your match? No, am going to the range in the morning to get zero checked and do some shooting out to 4-500 yds for you know where in a couple weeks! ;-) I gotta work Sunday night and won't be shooting much of anything unless maybe it's on a saturday, which isn't likely for what we do locally.

Not certain if I used a washer or not... I don't think so. Mine's got the plastic insert in the ruber pad.

Are you actually gonna make it out to shoot this weekend???

@recon215

sometimes the buttpad hole is not fully open..a thin rubber is left from the manufacturing process..all i did was punch a hole into it..

regarding it's installation, if the screw isn't aligned properly with the hole in the butt, you'll feel that the screw is somewhat short..no matter how you turn the screw, it won't go in..align them first or scant the screw when installing it until it eventually goes in the threads

Anybody else have an issue with installing the rubber butt pad on an ACE skeleton stock? I installed the stock fine, but when I tried to put in that little short screw in the bottom hole of the pad to secure it to the stock, it seems the screw is at least 1/4" too short. Not sure if I need the pad or not, but if I do I want to be able to secure it to the stock.

Thanks,

Steve

I did not have any problem with mine. SOCOM Long. Initially, I did not put the pad on, but it seems to help keeping the stock firmly planted against chest/shoulder area for quicker followup.