Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plastic Moon Clips?

desmark6

Has anyone tried these plastic moon clips. There is talk on other forums (smit=wesson and the high road) that seems pretty positive. They are being offered by a company called Beckham Product Design (www.beckhamdesign.com) and they look good. Tell me what you think.

With the prices I have seen, (I don't recall what they were) and the fact they are loose so they can not be used reliably for competition, I will stay with the metal clips. I buy the metal 45ACP moon clips for $20 per 100 shipped. At that price, when they bend beyond repair, I throw them away.

In my not so humble opinion, those touting them on those other forums you mention are occasional users and will probably be sorry they bought them.

Regards,

Gary

I would have to disagree with you round gun shooter about it not holding up in competition because I was at the Utah State I.D.P.A Championship and the Arizona Regionals where guys took home first in there classes and at the AZ Regionals he beat all other revolver shooters and made me a believe. :D

I was at the Utah State I.D.P.A Championship and the Arizona Regionals where guys took home first in there classes and at the AZ Regionals he beat all other revolver shooters and made me a believe. :D

Good to know, but will they hold up for more than a couple matches? I still have most of my original batch of metal clips and can only remember bending one. (Prone does a job on them :blink: )

I guess I am just a frugal guy. Paying more than .50 each for moon clips rubs me wrong. With the 300 I have now, I won't be buying any for a looooong time :D

Also, I got an e mail asking where I get my clips. Return message bounces so here is the address:

Ranch products has them for $20 per 100

Ranch Products

P.O. Box 145

Malinta, Ohio 43535

Ranch has a web site too, WWW.ranchproducts.com

Regards,

They are 5 for $5. I got mine in the mail yesterday and shot about 400 rouns at the first range session through one of the clips, haven't used the others yet. So far I am impressed, as soon as the ones come out for the other moon clip guns I have I'll be getting them too!