Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness .45....how much does it weigh?

pivoproseem

I've got a .40 Match (supersights+ Henning grips) it weighs in at 41.9 ounces with one mag. I've been thinking about shooting one in .45 to compete in CDP in IDPA, but the weigh limit is 41 oz. I'm curious as to how much the different steel .45 Witness variations weigh ( Match, Limited Pro, standard steel, older limited)????????

Has anyone weighed their gun? I have a cheap digital scale from Harbor Freight and have to weigh the slide and frame separately.

• 6 months later...

Does anyone see a reason why the Witness Match in 45ACP (model 600640) would not be legal for IDPA's CDP division? The current catalog lists the weight at 33oz. I don't see how they would weigh more than the 41oz limit with an empty mag. The barrel is not coned and the rail/dust cover is short. Can anyone think of something that would disqualify it from CDP?

http://www.eaacorp.com/handguns-witness-elite-match-TP.html

It looks like it should make weight and fit in the box. For what it's worth the EAA Witness was specifically listed as a legal pistol for ESP in the 2001 rule book. Caliber is the only real difference between ESP and CDP.

I have two Match's, just weighted them for ya's.

Match 45ACP WITHOUT tact rail

40.6 oz with empty mag installed.

Match 10mm WITH tact rail

44.3 oz with empty mag installed.

Believe the "overweight" issues are coming up over the new tact rail frame guns.

Sal