Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Hunter

Ohioguy

I have run across a Witness Hunter in 45 ACP.

I would like to shoot a 45 in Limited 10. Price is right on the gun, and I don't know of anything glaringly wrong with the platform, but I want to double check before I commit.

Anything I should be concerned about?

Make sure you have a plan on what you'll do with the 10 rnd magazines.

I tried shooting L10 with a Witness Match 45. The gun shoots great, but the 10 rnd mags are a big pain in the ball of palm trying to ensure that the mags are seated properly. I was doing exactly what I see a lot of single stack shooters were doing. Slam in the mag, then slam again with the palm to make sure it's really in, then rebuild the grip. Not very efficient, but a lot more efficient than going "Bang! Oh crap the mag popped out. Grab next mag from belt. Oh no that was the last mag. Pick up mag from the ground." I only tried for about 4 matches before I gave up and ended up shooting L10 Minor for the rest of the season with a 9mm CZ 75B. Yes, I'm a wimp when it comes to pain. :-)

Of course, I didn't try any tricks like trimming coils off the factory springs, or replacing the factory plastic base pads with Henning's H550, H520, or H141 pads to try to lighten the spring pressure.

This coming season, I'll be shooting L10 with a Witness Match 40. :-)

- Ants

• 7 months later...

JUST GOT MINE IN 10m/m... IT CAME IN A REALLY NICE TANFOGLIO LOCKABLE CASE :)

Single Mag; Extra set of springs...

I ordered a RHT Mount from South Africa and a STS C-More Sight.. (cant wait to mount these) :rolleyes:

I have used a Desert Eagle .357 with a small scope in the past for deer hunting in Ohio...

Cant wait to field this 10m/m :ph34r:

Any recomendations for a holster??

Edited by ohdsmith

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New EAA Witness Hunter PROTOTYPE HOLSTER (designed by ME) (Fabricated by FIST, INC.)

I've owned 10 Fist holsters, in this day and time it's a good thing to see a company work with you out side the box as much as FIST will !