Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Out of Offce / Hunting Trip

sinnsyk

Hey

I'll be in Northern Colorado hunting for Elk Monday - Thursday next week. If you need help with something, please call 303 834 8289 and talk to Emma. I will try to check in with her in the evenings if I get any cell reception at all up there.

;-)

btw. For those interested...

I've got a Tikka T3 Lite in .308 Win that I'm gonna blast during my hunt Monday thru Thursday.

Been doing my own reloading and struggled for a couple of days to find a good bullet, but ended up with the Sierra 165 GameKing behind about 46.5 grains of Accurate 2520. It resulted in 2850 fps and 0.75" groups at 200 yards off an unstable sandbag. The Tikka has a 22" barrel and a nice, smooth action. I also shot the same load in my buddy's Howa 1500 with a 20" barrel and got the exact same group. Pretty nice for $500 off-the-shelf hunting rifles. Both light weight rifles.

We've got a pop-up camper borrowed from a friend, an ATV to haul our game, lots of beer and food. Originally I was gonna shoot my Armalite AR-10 in full camo-paint and tricked out with all kinds of cool parts. But the gun is really heavy and I don't wanna carry it all day.