Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Decocker on Phantom

The_Vigilante

I recently had to send my Phantom to Angus for a "hammer following slide" problem. The sear spring was replaced along with the hammer. However, now the decocker lever is extremely hard to decock using my thumb. Before I sent it to Angus I was able to decock it with a flick of my thumb. Now I have to use the finger on my weak hand to decock it. It is that extra 1/4" at the bottom of the stroke causing the problem. I spoke to Rob at CZ Custom who did the work. He states that all of them are hard to decock-natural state of affairs. To those of you who have the Phantom or CZ's with decockers how is the decocker on your CZ? Any suggestions to make it easier to decock? Thanks

I really can't believe I bought a Phantom or any other decocker type pistol! I can't reach the decocker or safety with my thumb on any of them, even the "Competition" type! I have to use my off index finger or thumb. HARD is difficult to qualify but I don't believe mine is. Check with someone who has seen/used/experienced your gun and see what they think about the decocker.

FWIW

Richard