Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deer Season

boz1911

Yesterday was the opening day of muzzleloader season here in Georgia. Because of dinner plans I had to leave a little early last night but still was able to watch 4 does for almost and hour. Tonight I saw 3 bucks and 3 does. The cool part was watching two bucks playfight for almost 10 minutes. They weren't serious yet but it was fun. The icing on the cake was I was close enough to be able to hear their antlers clacking. Already a memorable season. :cheers:

Yesterday was the opening day of muzzleloader season here in Georgia. Because of dinner plans I had to leave a little early last night but still was able to watch 4 does for almost and hour. Tonight I saw 3 bucks and 3 does. The cool part was watching two bucks playfight for almost 10 minutes. They weren't serious yet but it was fun. The icing on the cake was I was close enough to be able to hear their antlers clacking. Already a memorable season. :cheers:

Sounds like a good time. Just go info last night at a wedding from the property owner that a big buck has been around all yr. Last yr, on the same property I gutted a deer and was within 15yrds a thicket on the edge a of a field. Tracked the deer about 20 yds, found it and gutted it. Walked out in the field and got my newphew who also had one. We got his deer out then went for mine. Walked up to mine, sat and BS'ed for awhile and out of the thicked jumped 2 monsters. Both guns were against the tree because we were finishing draining the blood. Both got away............ both easily over 160". The one this yr I'm guessing is one of them from last yr with another yr of antler growth. The guy the owns the property thinks be is around 180". He has shot about 10 deer over 150" so he knows big deer. Wish I had time to go bowhunting.......... Have to wait until shotgun season

Flyin

I'm not really much of a hunter but last night I headed out to my garage and swept the flashlight across my backyard and a big ole buck was napping in the back corner about 35yds away. He's been there most nights lately. My wife watched him play spar with a younger buck a couple of mornings ago....neat stuff!

Boz,

You have just given one of the top reasons to hunt. It is not the kill or the shooting - It is what you may see while out. I missed this year's tags, but am looking forward to the fall Turkey season and Pheasant season. Time out in the field with family seeing how things intereact.

Boz,

You have just given one of the top reasons to hunt. It is not the kill or the shooting - It is what you may see while out. I missed this year's tags, but am looking forward to the fall Turkey season and Pheasant season. Time out in the field with family seeing how things intereact.

You are so correct. A lot of people see deer but when you're hunting and get to watch them in their habitat it's a whole different world. A little bonus though is that since I started hunting about 10 years ago I've only had one minor cold in all that time. Prior to that I used to get the flu every year and colds on a regular basis. Coincidence? I don't think so.

When you get out to your tree stand before the sun comes up, the entire area is dead quite.. then as the sun comes up, you hear all the wildlife waking up and start moving around... that has always been one of my favorite experiences. Puts you in touch.

I have been Hunting for many years and what I enjoy the most about it now is just being in God's creation. I like watching the sun come up on crisp Nov. morning and all the critters comeing to life and it gives you time to reflect and just be still.