Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my new Sig X-5 open gun

CPUFIXER

Well it's here! I shot it at a local steel match (not steel challenge) here in NC. First the ammo...Atlanta Arms 124g .355 Super JHP (their 9 major ammo), that's the ammo we've been using during this whole process (thanks Danny). My first impression was how little recoil I felt. I expected the gun to bounce or something. The dot (once I found it) didn't move. I felt that the gun was going faster than I could react (if that makes any sense). I didn't have to wait on the gun for the sights to come back, they were just "there" once I pulled the trigger. For my first time shooting an open gun, let alone this project gun, it was a blast. I have included some videos of it. (I'm still playing chase the dot, but that will get better with practice...I hope)

I would like to thank Bruce Gray at Grayguns and Scott Folk and Randy Lee at Apex tactical for making this for me. I could not be happier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpqF21QQwMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrARseFRds4

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected the gun to bounce or something. The dot (once I found it) didn't move.

Hmmmmm....the videos clearly shows the muzzle flipping up and down, so the dot was moving. It's hard to see at normal speed, but if you stop/start it enough times you can catch it with the slide all the way back and the muzzle flipped up, and enough that it's probably off the target (they're not that big). You said the gun seemed to be running faster than you were....yeah, that's pretty common for folks trying Open for the first time, and probably why it seemed the way it did. R,

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm personally partial to the full stainless look, that is one COOL Sig you've created - have fun with it!

Has your wife found out how much you have in it, or will the divorce cost less? <grin>

She's getting a new M&P Julie Goloski 9mm, so "even Steven"....(yeah, right)