Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Short chamber on XDm 9mm

gmantwo

Shot my new XDm 9mm last weekend in the local match and I ran into trouble with my normal minor load. Sometimes the rounds would not go into battery. Kind of erratic, not happening every stage. When I cleared the gun after 2 stages, the brass ejected(with much diffaculty) but left the bullet stuck in the rifling. I'd have to go the the safe area and us a squib rod to punch the bullet back out. This is the same load I shoot in my STI for steel which funtions flawlessly.

MG 115 loaded to 1.160oal. 1.169 being the MAX OAL for 9mm

I don't want to have to shorten my load(I'd have to reseat 1000's of rounds of loaded ammo), so I'm thinking of having the chamber in the XDm made a little longer to accomodate the 1.160 length. <_< ???

Edited by gmantwo

1.160+ oal is too long for the XD magazines, you will have problems with the rounds coming up. The chambers are cut for factory length ammo, to run a longer profiled bullet the lead will have to be reamed. Cutting the lead or chamber too deep will start to sacrifice accuracy. Shortening up the oal is the simpler answer.

Rich

Shot my new XDm 9mm last weekend in the local match and I ran into trouble with my normal minor load. Sometimes the rounds would not go into battery. Kind of erratic, not happening every stage. When I cleared the gun after 2 stages, the brass ejected(with much diffaculty) but left the bullet stuck in the rifling. I'd have to go the the safe area and us a squib rod to punch the bullet back out. This is the same load I shoot in my STI for steel which funtions flawlessly.

MG 115 loaded to 1.160oal. 1.169 being the MAX OAL for 9mm

I don't want to have to shorten my load(I'd have to reseat 1000's of rounds of loaded ammo), so I'm thinking of having the chamber in the XDm made a little longer to accomodate the 1.160 length. <_< ???

I will second what RIIID said. I load to 1.130 for my XD 40 and they work just fine in a friends XDm 40.