Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Imperial sizing wax G-Rx

Ignatz

Ignatz,

"Yes"...you must clean off the sizing die wax.

The brass must be clean of any lube in order to get a good tight seal when it expands in the chamber after being fired. You want to limit the movement of the shell when fired for the best consistancy/accuracy.

Also be careful how long you tumble the finished rounds to remove the lube. If you tumble too long, you run the chance of breaking down the powder, hence changing it's properties.

And lastly, here's how I apply the Imperial Sizing Die Wax: (Which by the way, I absolutely love)!

1) Tumble and clean all your brass, then place the brass in one pile. (On a towell, in a bucket, in a large tupperware container, etc...).

2) Have a second location to place them after you lube them.

3) Get a thumb nail-sized dab of the Imperial Sizing Die wax, and place it in the palm of your hand. Then rub your hands together to cover both palms.

4) Now grab a nice handful of brass with each hand, squish them a second, and drop them into the 2nd container. Continue to do this until all your brass is lubed. (When you feel the wax getting thin, add another dab to your palms, rub your palms together, and continue).

5) When done, place both your hands in the 2nd container (which should be full of your newly-coated brass) and squish all your brass around between your fingers. (Like a baker kneeding dough).

This is the super fastest way I have learned to coat massive amounts of brass at one time.

I did it differently in the past, but I can now coat around 1000 rounds of brass in about 10 minutes or less. And yes, they are nicely coated.

But one word of warning...do not place too large of a dab on your palms. Only place enough to coat your palms, otherwise when you grab your first first handful of brass, some of the lube will be scraped-off by the opening of the brass shells and glob inside the shell. (Use the sizing wax sparingly. A little goes a long way).

I started-off using Dillon's Case Lube at first. Then I moved on to Hornady's "One Shot" (Aerosol can). I liked the "One Shot" a lot...but decided to try the Imperial Sizing Die Wax upon a few folks recommendation.

Wow...Imperial Sizing Die wax was dee bomb!

I am still on my first can, and have loaded THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of rounds.

In Christ: Raymond

Edited by RaymondMillbrae