Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE is a Blast!

I shot my first true ICORE match at Caswell Ranch yesterday and had a blast. We shot a series of classifier stages for the first match last month so we could all get classified, so this was the first match set up as a regular match. Dean created a great mix of challenging scenarios that offered you a verity of options as to how to shoot the stage. Having only shot IDPA and a bit of steel, I found the COFs with more targets, movement and a good bit of steel mixed in to be a hoot to shoot. I also like the fact that ICORE allows you to shoot all kinds of wheelies – we had quite the mix. I’m finding that my IDPA rig of a 66-3 with comps IIIs is just fine for this game. But…you start thinking, “What if I had my 65 with the serrated trigger guard (making it illegal for IDPA) cut for moonclips? Or maybe I could slick up my old model 14 and run that?” which of course just adds to the fun :D . I like this game.

Thanks Brewski,

Next month we will do the following, plus other cool stuff,

When my Texas Stars show up I have a stage that will make people cry(I think), Stage goes kinda like this, engage six targets on the way to an open spot in wall at that point engage the TWO Texas Stars as follows, Stars must be shot one(single) plate on left star one(single) plate on right and so on until all plates are down, stars are 15yds and 14yds from shooter with arms overlapping on one side (center line). A plate must fall before you can go to the other star (back and forth until all are down). 22 round stage.

Regards,

Dean

welcome

Shot the match Sunday and it was great. The range was set up perfect and as always the shooters were good bunch of people. Can't wait for our new "Grand Exhaulted Majestic Revolver Ruler" the one, the only, Mr. Walsh to come on up and join us for the NC State Icore Championship 22 May 2010. Only problem, Cliff, our state has some pretty strict decency laws, so please keep some more clothes on than you have in the past!!!!

Thanks Brewski,

Next month we will do the following, plus other cool stuff,

When my Texas Stars show up I have a stage that will make people cry(I think), Stage goes kinda like this, engage six targets on the way to an open spot in wall at that point engage the TWO Texas Stars as follows, Stars must be shot one(single) plate on left star one(single) plate on right and so on until all plates are down, stars are 15yds and 14yds from shooter with arms overlapping on one side (center line). A plate must fall before you can go to the other star (back and forth until all are down). 22 round stage.

Regards,

Dean

Hey Dean,

Shot USPSA at Pitt County yesterday and spread the word about ICORE at your range. Only me and 1 other regular revo shooter there every month, but I'm trying, John