Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First open match

askomiko

Yay! My first match with an open gun. We were supposed to have a limited team, but my limited gun started acting up just before the match, and then one team member got sick. So I shot in open.

Summary: Fun as hell.

First stage was crappy, trigger freeze while moving and shooting thru windows-> stop and return to shooting position.. argh. Got better after that. A few "almost" perfect stages regarding cleaning plate arrays. Clang, clang, clang, clang... I want to practise a lot more so I could get a perfect one some day! This one left the best feeling: Video from Stage 1 (mp4)

I had the fastest time, 1.1s faster than the open winner, who also happens to be a Finnish champion in limited this year, so I guess he's not a snail! I finished 99.72% because of bad points. ("What, am I supposed to AIM too?!?" :rolleyes: )

I was a bit worried about the partial targets right after the start, and I ended up taking two extra shots on them, as the first shots felt bad. (And if I remember right, they had only 2 holes...) I also checked the reload from video, it's about 1.1s, probably faster than I've ever done, anywhere. The end looks funny, like a small train puffing out smoke in there. I accomplished the goal of moving and shooting "non stop" in the end.

Shooting limited is now kind of boring after getting a taste of open madness! :surprise:

Edited by askomiko