Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA ESR.... What matches to shoot?

CDPMatt

I dabbled in revo a little this year and have shot mainly ESR and really enjoyed it (5 1st place trophies). I will probably devote an entire season to SSR in the next year or two as soon as I make EX in CDP (last auto I need to make EX in). My concern though is finding competition in ESR, we shoot against a decent amount of good SSR shooters here locally but hardly anyone shoots ESR.... As I try to get my list of sanctioned matches to hit next year I wonder, which matches consistently yield good ESR competition? What matches have you guys been to with a good amount of ESR shooters???

Thanks for your thoughts,

matt

Edited by CDPMatt

If you can get out to North Carolina in 2010 try Carolina Cup (Oxford NC) and in Aug U.S.East Coast IDPA Championship (Caswell Ranch) I'll shoot ESR and give you a run for your money (maybe not) :rolleyes:

Regards,

DB

Edited by CRDB

Thanks for the heads up Hop but I'll be shooting IDPA that weekend, maybe I can catch the sequel....

I've been looking at that Bill and moonclipped revo participation has really just plumeted since the division split. I really truly prefer ESR as I have large mitts and swallow a K-frame (I use X-frame grips on my 625) but am usually one of a couple at a sanctioned match and I'm just trying to find people to shoot against. Even in Tulsa there will only be a handfull.... I'm going to try and make it to S&W next year so that should be "better".

Matt,

You can shoot IDPA anytime, BUT there will only be 1 Memphis Charity Challenge in 2009 :devil:

Hop

Edit to add:

IF you want to find some ESR competition, just go down to the Lousiana state IDPA match. :devil:

Edited by hopalong

Matt,

You can shoot IDPA anytime, BUT there will only be 1 Memphis Charity Challenge in 2009 :devil:

Hop

Edit to add:

IF you want to find some ESR competition, just go down to the Lousiana state IDPA match. :devil:

shot SSP there this year Hop.... looking for quantity not neccessarily quality :)

Matt,

I have it on good authority that there will be several ESR shooters going to LA this next year that haven't been there in the past ! ;) Think about it quality and some quantity !!! :cheers:

Hop

I'm in.... it's a short drive for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like I will for sure be shooting revo next year as I accomplished my goal of getting bumped to EX in all the auto divisions this year. I recieved a bump in CDP at Nats.... I also worked the killhouse with Bones and he made me swear on my model 10 to shoot SSR next year and provided some nice offerings to get me on my way. Thanks Craig!!! hope to see you at S&W if I can make it up.

Good advice on the "Carolina Cup". I'll stop screwing around and get expert for the next cup (ss now and took that class at this years cup) and Cliff Walsh came up and shot, he went ssr but I'll talk him into esr for 2010, and Dean hopefully will shoot and we have a few locals as expert, so come on to the match!!!