Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accuracy with a 625 v 610? Is there a differenece?

Classic_jon

The 610 is probably more accurate especally with 10mm loads at long range but at IDPA distances I doubt you would see a difference. The 625 is probably faster - Jerry M. seems to think so. On the other hand if you wanted to go hunting with it personaly I think the 10mm has the edge. If pins appeal to you the 625 has the edge and my 625 prefers 230gr slugs so do the pins. All in all a hard decision but for me the the tie breaker is that a 625 would be lonley with out a 1911 as a companion so it would be a good excuse to get one!! At least I could tell that to my wife when I came home with a new 1911! Fortunately my couch is warm and comfortable.

Edited by Lubecktech

• 2 years later...

Do you have one or are you interested in possibly getting on or just curious?

I own one and have never shot groups with it yet but it puts holes where I aim it. I use it for IDPA, Action Pistol competition and plinking and really like it. Handles 10mm loads well with very manageable recoil but I mainly shoot .40 S&W in mine.

SW610CombatGrips11-2009.jpg

Edited by Lubecktech

Do you have one or are you interested in possibly getting on or just curious?

I own one and have never shot groups with it yet but it puts holes where I aim it. I use it for IDPA, Action Pistol competition and plinking and really like it. Handles 10mm loads well with very manageable recoil but I mainly shoot .40 S&W in mine.

Thinking of getting one. Was wondering if it would be more accurate than a 625? [deleted]

Edited by Flexmoney