Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New product suggestion for Henning.

DarkSmileyX

Henning,

Since the new production rules have us all putting our firing pin blocks back in and the H-XLFP's won't work with the FPB, how about a long light firing pin that works with the FPB? With the stock FP you're stuck with a pretty heavy DA trigger pull but a XLFP lets you use a way lighter hammer spring. I was able too lighten and lengthen the stock pin but man what a PITA plus it's pretty ugly :)

Actually screw it, come out with complete custom quality guns. :devil: Put me down for 2.

Mark

Edit beause I can't spell

Edited by DarkSmileyX

Almost a year ago I was going to design a firing pin that works with the block. I'm not sure if the production rules still would allow you to put this pin in. I've got some drawings for this pin and trying to keep the weight down as well. To do it and be able to control the parts I would also have to make the firing pin safety block. It can be done, but again I'm not sure if IPSC would allow you to change the firing pin & block.

Almost a year ago I was going to design a firing pin that works with the block. I'm not sure if the production rules still would allow you to put this pin in. I've got some drawings for this pin and trying to keep the weight down as well. To do it and be able to control the parts I would also have to make the firing pin safety block. It can be done, but again I'm not sure if IPSC would allow you to change the firing pin & block.

Well, I was actually only concerned with USPSA, (I'm selfish that way :) ) According to the "Production Rules Revisions - Effective July 1, 2009" section 21.6 "Exchange of minor INTERNAL components" and Section 22 "Specifically prohibited modifications and features" as long as the new firing pin block still functions as a safety it seems that it would be allowed. Yeay :cheers: .... when will they be out?

Or are you saying parts which only have a market in the US might not be profitable? :o