Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Major Load for M&P w/180 gr. LRN and S1000 or Unique?

revchuck

Folks - Been gone for a while. There's lots of info for 1911s and these powders, but I couldn't find anything for standard length ammo and 4" barrels. It looks like 4.6 grains of S1000 or 5.4 grains of Unique ought to do it, but I'd appreciate confirmation from a fellow M&P shooter. I'm using GAT 180 grain RNLs, Winchester SPPs and mixed (mostly R-P) brass, will load to 1.12" OAL.

Thanks!

I would suspect at that OAL that 4.6gr of Solo 1000 will be in the ball park. You might want to work up from a couple of gr's down from there though. Not much data because not many shoot a 4" in Limited.

Edited to add: Give the Unique to someone you know, but really don't like too much. :roflol:

Edited by SA Friday

Folks - Been gone for a while. There's lots of info for 1911s and these powders, but I couldn't find anything for standard length ammo and 4" barrels. It looks like 4.6 grains of S1000 or 5.4 grains of Unique ought to do it, but I'd appreciate confirmation from a fellow M&P shooter. I'm using GAT 180 grain RNLs, Winchester SPPs and mixed (mostly R-P) brass, will load to 1.12" OAL.

Thanks!

I don't run an M&P, but I run a Glock. I load 5.3gr's UNIQUE loaded to 1.128" OAL. Runs about 170pf out of my G35. Out of an M&P's shorter barrel you should still be above 165pf.

z-

Thanks!

I don't run an M&P, but I run a Glock. I load 5.3gr's UNIQUE loaded to 1.128" OAL. Runs about 170pf out of my G35. Out of an M&P's shorter barrel you should still be above 165pf.

z-

z - Just checking - you're using lead bullets?

Thanks!

In my G35 I got 941 fps with 180 RNL, win spp, and 4.5 Solo 1000 at 1.135 AOL. 4.6 should get you close, but I would work up to it and watch for pressure. I have no data for unique in 40. Good luck

From my Steyr M40A1s with 4" barrels, 180 gr lead, 1.125" OAL, Solo1000 powder, 10 shots each, chrono is CED M2 at 12 feet:

4.5 gr 898 (sd=7) PF = 161

4.6 gr 908 (sd=7) PF = 163

4.7 gr 917 (sd=8) PF = 165

4.8 gr 943 (sd=8) PF = 170

4.9 gr 960 (sd=10) PF = 172

5.0 gr 972 (sd=10) PF = 175

I currently load 4.82 gr S1000, last time I chrono'd a few "just to check" it was 172 or so

Edited by ben b.

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

z-

z - Just checking - you're using lead bullets?

mostly Zero jacketed flat points....but also runnin' lead (have a Lone Wolf barrel for that.)