Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opening day of dove Season with my son

Robbie Wheaton Jr

My oldest son has been going dove hunting with me since he was three. It is a great time that we both enjoy. This year will be the first year he gets to actually hunt; instead of retrieve. lol!! I don't think I have ever seen him so excited. It is all he has talked about this week. We both cant wait. He is going to have such a great time. It does not matter if he actually hits a bird or not just getting to spend the day with my son doing something we both love to do means a lot to us both.

Let them land LOL. Or if it is private land and you have the time run a wire between 2 poles. I can still remember my dove hunts with my dad as a kid. We still do it now and again. We acutally planted about 25 acres in Milo, Millet, and Sunflowers this year. Too bad we had a 3 week drought that really put us behind on the crops. Dove season opens today for us as well but we do not plan to hunt the field for the first season because it is not mature. Might go see if they are in any plowed fields nearby. O yea and we put up some poles and a wire LOL you know for the senior dove hunters.