Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need measurements of Dillon die stand and also setups

I need measurements of Dillon die stand. I am building a reloading shelf for my table and I got everything done put that part. I don't have any setups yet. I have alotted 18.25" for height. I have designed 6 bay like shelf areas for die stand setups with funnels on them. Each bay I hope will hold 2 setups one behind the other. I need measurements of die stands and also with them all setup with shell plate,dies, and powder funnel. How much room do they take up? I plan on finishing it tomorrow and I will be all done providing I can get some measurements. Thanks.

Edited by bravo2

I took a few measurements with a couple of my 650 setups on stands. Understand that I have my powder drop in the third station which does make a difference in the overhang of the powder bar in the powder measure over the stand. As DW posted the stand is 5"x 4.25". My powder bar overhang is in the right rear corner of the stand which increases the footprint to 6"x 4.75". Placing a pair of my toolhead/stands side by side measures 11" wide (5" + 6")x 4.75' front to back. The powder bar overhang on the left setup sets over the right toolhead and does not require anymore space. If I place two setups front to back the footprint is now 6"wide x 9" deep (4.25" + 4.75"). Again, the front powderbar overhangs the rear tool head and doesn't take up any additional space. Keep in mind that these are "butt to butt" measurements with the stands touching each other. If you want some space between the stands figure that in your equation. My setups are about 16.25" tall.

Adios,

Pat