Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Non-Poly Barrel

Some time back I heard rumor, maybe from Henning about aftermarket replacement button rifled barrels for the Limited and maybe even conversion comped "Gold Team style" barrels to fit the Limited slide. For some reason Briley comes to mind. Anyone know anything about this? Maybe Henning could weigh in? I am not having any problems to speak of, but ~200$ barrel would easy my mind for lead major .40. Any gouge would be appreciated.

Lee

We've got a barrel project in the works, but currently we are looking at a conversion kit (slide/barrel combo) more than just a replacement barrel. We think we can improve slide/barrel lock-up and fit by rather creating a complete upper than to make lots of different barrels matching the factory slides. This project isn't going to be done right away.

I installed a Briley 38 super barrel in my Gold Team. It shoots great and faster than the factory. Chamber is smaller etc. All good things. However it's a 6" straight barrel so a cone has to be made or the factory comp can be fitted to it. It's a gunsmith job. 9mm and 40 S&W barrels are also available, but same gunsmith fitting applies.

I also have factory Limited 40 barrels and will make barrels available in the store in a day or so. Been updating the shop while I was in Norway.

I also have factory Limited 40 barrels and will make barrels available in the store in a day or so. Been updating the shop while I was in Norway.

Henning,

I am assuming these are standard poly barrels? Has Tanfo ever made a cone .40 barrel for Limited that can be prchased as a barrel only?

Lee

Some time back I heard rumor, maybe from Henning about aftermarket replacement button rifled barrels for the Limited and maybe even conversion comped "Gold Team style" barrels to fit the Limited slide. For some reason Briley comes to mind. Anyone know anything about this? Maybe Henning could weigh in? I am not having any problems to speak of, but ~200$ barrel would easy my mind for lead major .40. Any gouge would be appreciated.

Lee

I asked Tanfoglio. Here is what they said:

"With polygonal rifled barrels you can used any type of bullets but if you use the hard cast bullets we suggest you to size them .001 or .002 in. larger than the standard caliber size.

Best regards and have a nice week end.

Customers Service

FRATELLI TANFOGLIO S.N.C.

Via Valtrompia 39/41

25063 Gardone Val Trompia (BS) - Italy

Tel: +39 030 8910361 | Fax +39 030 8910183 www.tanfoglio.it "

..............I have shot a lot of lead my self......absolutely no problems. The barrels doesn’t even lead. The barrel seems to be close to self clearing. I don’t understand why people don’t like the poly barrels. Accurate too.

Lee

I asked Tanfoglio. Here is what they said:

"With polygonal rifled barrels you can used any type of bullets but if you use the hard cast bullets we suggest you to size them .001 or .002 in. larger than the standard caliber size.

Best regards and have a nice week end.

Customers Service

FRATELLI TANFOGLIO S.N.C.

Via Valtrompia 39/41

25063 Gardone Val Trompia (BS) - Italy

Tel: +39 030 8910361 | Fax +39 030 8910183 www.tanfoglio.it "

..............I have shot a lot of lead my self......absolutely no problems. The barrels doesn’t even lead. The barrel seems to be close to self clearing. I don’t understand why people don’t like the poly barrels. Accurate too.

Kind of what I was thinking, what powder are you making lead major with? I personally have about 15 lbs of WST left before I shift, but curious what other people are using in tanfos..

Lee