Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wisconsin Concealed Carry?

I thought I heard yesterday that WI had passed their CCW law. Anbody heard anything from a reliable source? Even thought I live south of WI, behing the iron curtain, I would love to know if all of my cheddar head friends up there in "Yah, Hey, Der" country have the right to now carry. Boy, I hope so.

Well, according to Packing.org they do not but, the Wisconsin News page on the same site makes it appear that some legislation was passed back in October. It may not be in effect yet.

Packing.org probably doesn't have an administrator for the Wisconsin page so updates don't happen all that quickly.

Let's hope that the folks in Green Bay are Packers, in several senses of the word. ;)

The Wisconsin legislature appears to have passed a version of CCW, the BIG question is will the current liberal anti-gun Dem Guvnah veto it.

Republicans are working to coalesce a majority to override a likely veto, so far it's not clear if they have enough votes.

Both houses of the Wisconsin legislature have passed the concealed carry bill, but there were some differences between the two which have to be worked out in conference committee. After that, assuming both houses approve the conference committee's version, then it will go to Wisconsin's communist governor who will promptly veto it. At the moment it does not appear they have enough votes for over-ride. They are a lot closer to enacting it into law than most people thought they would get.