Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting with my daughter

Jim Norman

I love it that my daughter has shot her first steel match and is excitedly awaiting her next opportunity.

This could get expensive, but it will be worth every dollar.

Jim

Jim,

This has most definitely been an extremely positive family past-time. But just wait until one of your good friends hands her his $4500 custom open gun and says "hey little girl, try this". It's more than worth everything you put into it for her.

Awesome stuff. Way to go!

Sue

Thanks.

I think that she will eventually shoot USPSA, right now we are looking at just steel. She is not a real competitive type, but really enjoys a day with her Dad. I think she needs a bit more upper body strength before we let her loose with even a 9mm loaded soft.

What she is shooting now is a Beretta T-87. A real nice starter gun, al the same features and controls like a 1911, external hammer, ambi-safety, mag release in the right place.

She will be back in Japanese school next month so I am hoping that OB starts running steel on Saturday again. She can't miss school to shoot. (and thankfully doesn't want to!)

I was impressed, she was hitting the small plates at 20 yards, iron sights. I have seen adults shoot slower with more misses than Erika had. All in all, she was safe and she had fun. (So did I!)

Jim