Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to make a pretty good shotgun stage go bad...

astephenson

In Three Easy Steps!

1. Switch to low brass ammo in a gun that favors high brass in mid-stage.

2. Throw several misses after getting flustered because you now have a (even less convenient than normal) pump shotgun.

3. Have a member of the peanut gallery drop the f-bomb ABOUT your shooting.

This video is from our local Defensive Multi-Gun match, which is 3-gun based on IDPA rules with concessions made for the long guns. On this particular stage the course of fire mandated that we start with three rounds in the tube and one in the chamber. Shoot the six clays in sequence and priority (as if each pair was one target), then move to the end of the barricade and pie the four steel plates.

My plan: since I started with 3 in the tube at the buzzer and my 930 SPX holds 7, I'll load 4 immediately after the buzzer and take the 6 clays, then load 2 on the way to the end of the barricade.

I was lazy friday night and didn't feel like driving 45 minutes one way to pick up high brass ammo at the only place I know to find it locally. I thought that the low brass stuff that I had on hand (which USED TO BE about 90% reliable before I stopped cleaning the gun so diligently...) and the handfull of high brass stuff that I had leftover would do me.

It didn't. Now I'm kicking myself.

Lesson learned. Here's the video (rated "R" for language...one f-bomb in the background...)

th_MVI_1027.jpg

http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt244/r...nt=MVI_1027.flv