Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

11-87...it Finally Works!

Les Snyder

background... my older 1187 was shortened from 26 to 21inches and a TruChoke was installed... had problems with short cycling and feeding from the mag tube to the carrier....I thought the feeding problem was with the interceptor latch, ....installed a new circlip and spring and polished the interceptor latch....but under closer inspection, noticed that the notch on the action arm that activate the feed latch looked funky... traded it out with one from a spare 1100, and replaced the feed latch.... took some drastic action on the short cycling.... installed a new piston/ring, shortened the mainspring about 1inch, but surmised that since the factory 21inch slug barrel doesn't have the gas regulator system it needed more gas, so tapped one bleed hole and closed it completely with a 4-40 cap screw and some LocTite... shortened the spring clip with a Dremel cut off wheel and cut a "U" in the clip so the head of the cap screw can help locate it.... wedged a high temp "O" ring between the ring and the locating cap to help resist opening (I wanted to retain some of the gas regulating capability, or would have plugged both holes... the TIG welder was the next stop) shot it today with a box of junk promo 3dram 1oz loads and it functioned flawlessly....I would have to eat a lot of crow if I had to invest in one of those inertia lock things from Italy.... regards...