Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help! Need good gunsmith in colorado

jnikoley

Ever since I got my new 2011, I have had problems with hammer follow. I took it back to my gunsmith in Texas five times, and he was never able to get it right. I am now in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and need a local gunsmith to do a custom trigger job for me. I am looking for someone capable of getting the trigger pull down to 2 1/2 lbs. I have all the parts (new), and need it done in a hurry. Can anyone suggest a good gunsmith near me that could help?

Thanks,

Jason

Ever since I got my new 2011, I have had problems with hammer follow. I took it back to my gunsmith in Texas five times, and he was never able to get it right. I am now in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and need a local gunsmith to do a custom trigger job for me. I am looking for someone capable of getting the trigger pull down to 2 1/2 lbs. I have all the parts (new), and need it done in a hurry. Can anyone suggest a good gunsmith near me that could help?

Thanks,

Jason

Seth here ran into a problem like that. Turns out something was wrong with the grip....can't recall the details. Nobody, even top-notch guys, could figure it out. He sent it back to STI and they found the problem. New grip and all was well if my memory is correct.

Thanks,

Jason

Seth here ran into a problem like that. Turns out something was wrong with the grip....can't recall the details. Nobody, even top-notch guys, could figure it out. He sent it back to STI and they found the problem. New grip and all was well if my memory is correct.

Thanks, I had my smith spec the frame to be sure. This problem has stumped us both, but I think (hope) I now know the cause of my problem. I believe it is a bio-mechanical (me and the gun) problem. As I let off the trigger, the slide closing causes the gun to dip, pushing the trigger into my finger while the gun is slightly out of battery and causing the hammer to follow to half cock, and sometimes to double, but mostyl (95%) to half cock. I found a reply on Rob Leatham's site that suggests what I need to do is to get a good trigger job without a relief cut on the sear. I believe this will solve my problem. I'll follow up if it works. Thanks,

Jason.