Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Focus and Consistency

Tangram

This is a complaint. Shotgun shooting game seems very simple. Get my head out the shooting once I've got myself oriented-hold, break, .... Focus on the target. Shoot it. Break it.

Where I shoot there is a station with a close quartering rabbit and quartering bird low and speedy. Targets are thrown in varying combinations, report pairs or true pairs. Six different positions to change angles. With the right hops I break the rabbits consistently. Drop one or two of the birds.

Day one shot a round of 25 shots rabbits shattered all, but only two birds break. Pout and say I'll do better the next day. I was consistently shooting over these birds by my own observation and the person pulling the targets (an experienced instructor.) This was not a lesson so figuring out the problem was my problem. Look at my stance, check if I was holding too high...

Next day gab a couple boxes of shells. Call for quartering birds continue to miss. Break the rabbits I call for occasionally to restore confidence. Still appear to be shooting over the top of the birds.

Come back the day after. Screw in tighter chokes. (Don't ask. I just like the light mods and use them for most targets near and farther.) Regular form returns and I break most ot the targets.

I thought I was looking at the birds on all three days. ... but obviously not focusing. I think confidence was a big factor. Miss a couple get all tight and inhibit my movement... repeat.

Want to be able to "turn the switch" quickly a break targets, not throw lead down range.

Complaint mode off