Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firebird project

RIIID

I got one of Jim's heavy receiver sets(FB15?), wanted to do 6.5 Grendel just for kicks. So after 9 months of waiting for parts I was able to shoot it today. Off to the range, well the Civil War shooters had the range. Plan B a friend of mine has a small range that only goes to 125 yards, it's better than nothing. Heavy cross wind and was still able to get a sub 3/4" group before the Jewel trigger started to act up.

Alexander 24" barrel with Henning's Thor comp, standard RRA bolt carrier I've got a JP to try later, JP adjustable gas block, Ace stock, Accuracy Speaks extended rail, Leupold VIII 6.5x 20 56mm VHR obj. 30mm tube with Warne rings, Clark carbon fiber free float.

It shoots like nothing I've ever shot before on an AR platform, this gun is going to be fun to use.

post-1700-1246225390_thumb.png

post-1700-1246225407_thumb.png

post-1700-1246225417_thumb.png

post-1700-1246225427_thumb.png

Nice build. I've been really interested in the Grendel and one of the other later developed 6mm cartridges. They look to be perfect for a lot of different purposes, like hunting and also accurate. Thanks for the info

That looks great! I'm saving some $$ right now and am hoping I can have Jim build me a similar upper in 6.5G this Fall. Am building on one of his lighter lowers though, (FPX-15), which is real nice. Yours looks really good!! Please post again when you get a chance to stretch it's legs some more. Out of curiosity, what was going on with your trigger out there? Insert 'jealous of your rifle' smiley here. Cheers- jeffP