Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Beretta

I just saw a short clip of a Beretta, I think they called it the xtrema2. Looked pretty sweet in the video. Does anyone have any experience with them? You don't have to tell me about the Benelli, or Remmy or FN, just wondering about the Beretta as I haven't seen one before.

I have one, they are a great gas gun, the only problem with it is it's weight, it is a bit on the heavier side. The gas system is far superior than remington's, I wouldn't trade my benelli for it

I just saw a short clip of a Beretta, I think they called it the xtrema2. Looked pretty sweet in the video. Does anyone have any experience with them? You don't have to tell me about the Benelli, or Remmy or FN, just wondering about the Beretta as I haven't seen one before.

I have the Extrema 1, highly modified by a member here whose name escapes me right now. I love it to death. I finally got round to cleaning it the Sunday before Ironman as I thought that 3 years of 3 gun was long enough between cleanings........! :surprise: Flakes & I mean BIG flakes of carbon came off of the gas piston & it was truly filthy but still ran like a champ. 30 mins with a wire brush, brake cleaner & a scraper got it clean. They run like champions & unlike the Benelli, I can get lots of shells on carriers on the gun for stuff like Ironman. Recoil is very soft & all in all, it has been a wonderful shotgun. I'll be a little sad when she is replaced by the Saiga but she'll still get used for coyotes & waterfowl.

You just need to know that it will need some work to make it run in 3 gun; barrel shortened, ports tuned, bigger cocking handle, (Nordic NOT Arredondo AMHIK!) extended mag tube & bigger bolt release.

Never seen another in 3 gun but seen plenty of Remingtons, SX 2/3 & SLP's go down over the years. Not once have I have had more than a failure to extract or feed & that was a result of feeding it the cheapest, nastiest ammo I can find. Only real issue is that if you fail to stuff the shell all the way into the tube so it catches, the floorplate will pop over & the shell will sit on the plate & the only real way to get that shell out is to feed it into the chamber. Can be annoying when you are 2 shells into a reload.......! That's more of a training issue though, as in I need to do more of it....! Other than that, did I mention I love mine?? :D