Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New EAA Witness 10mm

Sal Jr

Just purchased a new full size 10mm EAA Witness. After reading a few forums, I decided to purchase the following springs from Hennings shop for my new gun(see below). I will be using High velocity AMMO as a standard. Am I on the right track?

Wolff Extra Power Extractor Spring Tanfoglio / EAA

W49820 Wolff Recoil Spring 20lb Tanfoglio / EAA

Sal in Alaska.

post-19633-1244311220_thumb.jpg

Yes, I also use a Buffer Technology Recoil Buff for the CZ 75 to cushion the slide impact and a stronger mainspring that helps to slow unlocking. I wish somebody would make a Firing Pin Stop for the EAA with a flat bottom like EGW does for the 1911 that could also slow unlocking, but nobody seems interested.

Sprinco also makes a unit for the Witness in 10MM.

Edited by Gary1911A1

Sal Jr-

I did the same for mine. Shot some rounds at first with the factory rigging.... I think it is best to change immediately as the EAA seems to be from the factory a little lightly sprung....

K

• 2 years later...

When you put a much stronger recoil spring in there, did you guys have to replace the magazine springs with stronger springs? It seems like the much stronger recoil spring would push the slide forward too fast to feed the next round, unless the mag springs were replaced with stronger ones. I hope that's understandable. But the Wolff gunsprings website has the following:

"Magazine Springs

Magazine springs are available in +5% and +10% extra power. Extra power magazine springs help improve feeding with extra power recoil springs and when factory springs have weakened.

For use in:

AT-84, CZ-75*, TZ-75, P-9, EAA Witness - Standard & Longslides - ALL CALIBERS EXCEPT 10MM

Including Full Size Baby Eagle with 4.4" barrel"

I emailed Wolff this morning, so it's too soon to get an answer back yet.

• 2 weeks later...